Skip to main content

Featured

20+ Simple Easter Recipes

Here are some Simple, Easy Easter Recipes you may want to add to your menu:

In My Kitchen - July 2014

It's time for another round of the very cool monthly happening called "In My Kitchen" run by Celia at Fig Jam and Lime Cordial.

So here we go....

This Month in my Kitchen...


We had a sneaky visitor outside our house in the bushes near the kitchen window. Isn't it a beauty, it was looking for a safe place to shed.


With the beautiful sunny summer weather,and drenching rains; we've had our kitchen filled with fruits and veggies harvested from our garden. We've had a great crop of berries this summer...


Sun-ripened Blackberries


Sweet Golden Raspberries



This Sunday's Garden Harvest of Basil, Snow peas, Green Chilies, and we got our first few tomatoes and zucchinis.


This is the first year that we grow tomatillos and the bushes are full of them. Salsa verde here we come!


A freshly baked Galette with farm fresh strawberries.

Drying fresh summer herbs from the garden: Basil, Thyme, Dill, Oregano, Lemon Balm, Pineapple Sage, Spearmint, Mint


I recently bought some beautifully fragrant dried Hibiscus flowers for tea and syrup...recipe coming soon.


And finally I found the delicious rose tea that is often served in Chinese restaurants. What a lovely appetite inducing flavor! :)


Please make sure you stop in and take a glance at everyone else's kitchens!

So tell me...What's happening in your kitchen this month?

Comments

  1. I love all your produce in your kitchen. Such glorious things to eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry! The veggies and fruit always seem tastier when sun ripened. :)

      Delete
  2. G'day! Love your galette and love blackberries too!
    Thanks for this month's kitchen view also!
    Cheers! Joanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne, Thanks! We've been having non-stop berry related goodies this summer, so many recipes to try! :)

      Delete
  3. What beautiful produce in your kitchen this month! Thanks for sharing! Liz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz! Thanks for stopping by! You had some lovely produce in your kitchen as well. :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely treasures in your kitchen, especially the berries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...what kind of snake was that?

    Love the produce...especially the raspberries....lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Minnie! It was a 3 ft long Garter snake, we've seen him around before, lucky for me this time he posed for the camera! :)

      Delete
  6. Everything looks delicious (apart from the snake) and I love your herbs drying in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally love what is going on in your kitchen space, the drying of flower petals for tea, the herbs and those yellow raspberries are making me envious. I tend to use the rosebud to decorate cakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shaheen! Thank you, you have had a wonderful harvest of raspberries too! :)

      Delete
  8. Emily, wonderful wonderful wonderful! LOVE the berries and the tomatillos! But please tell me that was a lizard and not a snake.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Celia! Thank you and I won't tell you that it's a snake...haha! :)

      Delete
  9. Those berries look amazing. And I may even be drooling a little over that galette.

    I love the idea of drying my own herbs... but how do you store them when dry? Whole leaves or do you break them down further?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa! I store them whole in glass jars and crush them just before I use them. I'll be posting a how-to real soon! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts